DRIVE CAREFULLY. PLEASE, REMEMBER THE LOVE ONE


Wednesday 27 April 2011

My First Car

TOYOTA  -  LE

My first car was Toyota LE 1.6GL bearing registration No. TH 8155. I bought the car by way of a hire-purchase (HP) transaction with a local credit company which was at that time known as Malaysian Credit Finance (MCF). The total HP price was just over MYR30,000.00 payable by 60 equal monthly installments of about MYR400.00 each. That was in the late of 1984, just after I was called to the Bar and admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Courts of Malaya on 2nd November, 1984.


a picture of Toyota LE, mine was TH 8155

Unfortunately, I do not have any single photograph about the car in my possession. The main reason is because it was a 26 years old stories about a car which is no longer in production. The secondary reason is because the car was badly damaged after a terrific road accident at the Clove Junction of Sungai Lembing-Kuantan by pass, which caused my passenger Azman bin Hood to receive 19 stitches. Azman was the Deputy Public Prosecutor for the State of Terengganu in 1984. The accident occurred in January, 1985 and has caused the car to be declared as total loss by the adjusters.

Luckily, I still have the picture of the model from the Internet.




a similar model with my Toyota LE

I do not know what happened to the car after the accident.

Oh..., I wish if I can see the car again on the road today.

No comments:

Post a Comment